Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Devin's Birthday Cake

Every year for Devin's birthday I make him a cake that resembles something he enjoys doing. I never let him know what it is or see it until it is completely finished. For past birthdays I have done four wheeling, a Guitar Hero guitar, baseball field with baseball cupcake and then this year I really challenged myself. I decided to do a mountain with a mountain bike. Devin has really enjoyed mountain biking and has done it a lot the past year. As you notice in the pictures the bike is going down the mountain, he enjoys that part a lot more then the going up.
It was such a fun cake to make with all the little details. I was so nervous, but it turned out pretty good. I made it the morning of his birthday so by that night when we had everyone come over for cake and ice cream it tilted a little. Next time I will know to support it better. It never fell though.

Lets be honest I was so proud of my Rams

This bike is a little out of proportion with the cake but it was the only one I could find. My nephew Kayden was pretty excited when he saw what the toy was and that he would now be able to play with it when he come over.
Yes I made him blow out 25 candles. He tried to just buy the "2" and the "5" candle but I didn't let him.

7 comments:

  1. That is so awesome! I can't believe you made those rams. You are good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is so so awesome!! i want to do cool things like that

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow you are such a nice wife! good jobber!

    ReplyDelete
  4. good work! I was bummed that i didn't get to come see the cake on his birthday, so I'm glad you put pics on here! You are so talented!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, that is seriously impressive! Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It was so yummy, too! Thanks for letting us enjoy so much of it. :) And, by the way, I love your main picture at the top. It is so perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Monica. It is Cher. You are uber talented! I miss you. I am so sorry for you loss. You and your family are in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete